Life in Twindom

Saturday, September 09, 2006

A Crash in the Night

To the pet owners out there, be aware, this could happen to you in the middle of the night.

Monty, the $1000 barn cat, is very curious. Last night, curiosity almost made me kill the cat.

At 1:41 am, I am startled out of sleep due to a huge crash. I am one that has some issues of sleep walking and talking, so being jolted out of a dream I run into the spare room where Ethan's sister was sleeping and frantically tell her that someone is hurt. It takes her and Ethan about 5 minutes to actually wake me up out of the dream. Then we have to go investigate what all the banging is all about.

I see a ball of fur and metal go flying across the living room and grab it. Monty had somehow got his collar tag caught in one of the heavy brass floor grates and is freaked! I remove the grate from the collar and then go to survey the damage. There are new tears in the kitchen floor and scratches on the railing. The $1000 barn cat just gained some more liability.

I should tell Mel she is lucky. When we lived in a dorm room together, I warned her about my sleep talking issues but she never got to experience it till now. Ethan just shrugs it off as a common occurance as it has become more frequent since entering twindom.

3 Comments:

Blogger JO said...

wow that is one crazy cat... I'm wonderinf if he's becoming more of a bother then he is worth... j/k, i'm sure the boys are attached to him by now. Here's hopeing nothing wakes you tonight!

8:42 PM  
Blogger Christielli said...

Oh my... Monty's getting quite expensive. Now, if I remember correctly, Monty's named after a car, right? And cars are expensive... Maybe he's just trying to live up to his namesake. So, I'd suggest naming your next cat after something cheap. Or maybe start calling Monty "Penny".

12:53 AM  
Blogger Christielli said...

ps Sleep Well!

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home