Life in Twindom

Monday, October 16, 2006

The cost of a good rake

I now know that I have aged.

Yesterday, Ethan and I set out with the twindom to rake the front lawn. Not all the leaves have fallen, but we thought that it would be fun to let the twindom jump in the leaves.

We have three rakes. Two cheap ones and a top of the line ergonomic one. I bought the $30ish ergonomic one the first year that we moved to the house, when I realized how many leaves 4 fully mature maples can produce. The other cheap rakes, I have collected over the years, honestly, I think I paid $2 for them. Well, I have learned that the ergonomic, padded handle, wide swath rake sucks compared to a good old straight handled, little wire rake. Even the twindom refused to rake the lawn with the ergonomic rake, leaving it to Ethan and I while they played with the cheap ones.

It is now apparent that a good rake only costs $2.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christielli said...

LOL Too funny that no one wants the special rake.

My suggestion... try to sell the ergonomic rake to someone for $10 (what a bargain!) and go by 5 $2 rakes.

9:42 PM  
Blogger s said...

LOL to Christy's comment. The cheap ones give blisters though - - well maybe it is just manual labour in general. I hate when the cheap stuff works way better -I always feel like a chump for paying for something more

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home