Life in Twindom

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A Medical Delemia .. Well not really...

Back in September 2006, I tried to get an appointment for a physical with my family doctor. I was told that they were booking into February. No big deal, I should have had it by November but whatever, I booked it for Feb 23. Well, I get a message on my answering machine on Monday "the doctor will not be in on Feb 23 and you will have to reschedual the appointment, unfortunantly, we are booking October 2007." CAN YOU SAY DOCTOR SHORTAGE!

Anywho, I go to get groceries at lunch today and guess who is in line ahead of me at the checkout...my doctor. And, guess who has 3 bottles of sunscreen in her pile of groceries. GEE, I wonder where she is going? I did not broach the subject, but really how am I sopossed to react? Argggh!

5 Comments:

Blogger Christielli said...

She should not be buying stuff for her tropical vacation in a small town...

8:40 PM  
Blogger JO said...

Wow.. I thought Mitchell was bad for booking appointments. It's a 3 month wait there.
That's just crazy.. you would think they would book their vacations a little further ahead

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See you are WAY too nice....I would have said something after all she's being just a wee bit irresponsible taking an unplanned holiday....who approved that anyway?????

11:15 AM  
Blogger Joanna Wallace said...

I got my next appointment booked, Nov 1 2007. I asked the receptionest who I need to complain to and she said my MP. Bull S**T! I am on a waiting list for a cancelation but as the receptionest said "no one cancels cause they know how long the wait is". DUH. It's crazy when you have to wait a year and a month for a doctors appointment!

1:37 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hey - I had the same problem Joanna - I had to reschedule and I was due to have one back in October. The good news I got a cancellation - March 30th so it could happen for you too!

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home