Life in Twindom

Friday, July 27, 2007

Madman on the loose

This week has been a bad week in Huron county. On Sunday we heard that there was a killer from Windsor on the loose and they are looking for him in the bush out by Grandbend. Next thing you hear is that he has killed an elderly couple outside of Dashwood for thier truck. The country side is in that "how can it happen here?" mentality. Even though he is probably gone from here, the police are searching, following up on any lead that they have. There were two cops here on Wed cause some of the guys in the back were in the same bar as the killer last week. I don't think that the police have anything. I don't understand why they can not find the truck. The murders of the Regiers have had an effect on everyone here at work, we are constantly listening for more news. Every farm in the area has a gun, and most have it beside the bed now. If the killer is still here and tries to break in to another house, he'll meet a 22 in the face that's for sure. If they don't catch this guy, I don't know when people will calm down. Every daycare (including the boys) is under lockdown in Huron county. The boys are climbing the walls when we get home cause they can't go outside during the day. Last night when I put them to bed, Liam was afraid of the dark and said "don't let that guy get me". I think that he had heard the bigger kids at daycare talking about it.

Anyways, sorry to rant, I just needed an outlet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christielli said...

Blogs are great outlets for ranting.

Yah, I've been keeping up with the case and it is very strange to think about how close it happened to my home town. It really would change the atmosphere of everything.

I hope they catch him soon, and that the family is able to heal.

12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home