Life in Twindom

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Say it ain't so

Ok Wendy, you can say "I told you so".

Many years ago, I swore that I would not buy an SUV. That I could make due with a van or a car. SUV's were gas guzzeling, road hogs, if you wanted 4wheel drive buy a truck.

Yeah, well. I am the pround new owner (actually the bank is) of a 2006 Trailblazer. Since the van was wrote off about a month ago (my mom-in-law rolled it, no kids in it) Ethan and I have been looking at different options. We thought that we would go with another van, but since we are moving out to the farm this fall, we thought that 4wheel drive is a must. I didn't think that a truck had enough room for us so we were forced to look into a SUV.

I love my trailblazer, just need to get used to being a gas guzzeling road hog.

3 Comments:

Blogger Christielli said...

I didn't know that the van got rolled! Your mom-in-law is okay, right?? That's stressful.

Anyhow, perhaps the fact that you have at least one friend who is a avid public transit taker (ahem), will compensate somewhat for your increased CO2 emissions. ;) I actually saw a lady driving a pretty cool looking hybrid SUV today... I thought about how I am never going to buy a car 'til I can afford a hybrid... Although by then, I'm sure I won't be able to afford to park it anywhere. Anyhow, it's too bad that regular ppl can't afford hybrids. I blame George W., whom I actually blame for most things. It's easy that way.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Joanna Wallace said...

Hey, that could be the next catchy T-shirt saying "blame George W."

Rowena is ok, she was just shaken up. It was a stressfull month of descision making.

All done now.

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I won't say I told you so.........

I TOLD YOU SO


teeheeheeheeheehee

but I am glad you got rid of the van, that's _worse_ than a SUV

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home