Life in Twindom

Friday, April 20, 2007

Why I do what I do

It happens at this time of year. It's a good thing too or else I am not sure what I would do.

After a long winter of sitting at a desk doing crop plans, driving in laneways trying to sell seed and fertilizer, the sun finally comes out and the ground dries out. That means that I get to do what I choose this profession to do. I get to be "outstanding in a field". There is wheat to be checked, weeds to be identified and I get to drive around doing it.

Nothing beats a stroll thru a wheat field at this time of year. A warm wind, sun on the face, the promise of what is to come for the rest of the season. And then a few minutes of shooting the sh*t with the farmer.

Good thing that spring comes around.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christielli said...

Not that I'm an expert on farms, the land, or small towns or anything...

But, I think that there's a certain peace that comes from actually understanding humankind's interdependence on the earth that is devoid of city living that has caused the current environmnetal crisis we're in.

12:23 AM  
Blogger JO said...

This post is very inspiring... I totally admire you for putting up with what you don't really enjoy for the whole winter, for that amazing feeling you get in the spring!!!

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home