Life in Twindom

Monday, January 29, 2007

This Friday

Well, this Friday I have to write a 7 hour exam. Actually, one 3 hour and one 4 hour. If I past the exam, I can qualify for my "Certified Crop Advisor" Accredidation. Letters behind my name!

I realize that to most of you, this is not a big deal, but in my industry it is. The tests are basically on everthing I learned in 4 years of university and from working since. Examples of a few questions are:

Which pathagens cause discolored mosaics on plants?
What causes the increase in possibility of genetic resistance developing in a pest?
Which root system concentrates nutrient uptake in the soil surface?
What is the chemical uptake form of phosphorous?
What is the most common form of potassium fertilizer?
What micronutrient is more available at pH 7 than pH5?

For those of you that went to Guelph, these are probably easy, but I thought that I would shed some light on what I do all day for my other friends.

So, I doubt that I will be posting for the rest of the week, as I must study and cram. Wish me luck and I will let you know how it went next week.

3 Comments:

Blogger Christielli said...

Next time I need some advice on my crops, I'm sooooooo coming to you. ;)

Hope that your exam goes well. 7 hrs - so long!!

Good luck! Not that you'll need it 'cuz you're a smart cookie.

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm... do you get to bring Google with you?? Because those look like tough questions... How about a cheat sheet 1 inch x 1 inch like in high school that you can cram as much info in your tiniest printing??

Good Luck!

Christa

6:11 PM  
Blogger JO said...

Good Luck on your exam... can't wait till your a certified crop inspector... does that mean you are authorized to go on crop tours??

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home