Life in Twindom

Monday, March 19, 2007

Silver!

So, as I posted a week or so ago, my broomball team, the Witches, were playing in provincials this weekend. We were lucky to go, as we were the wildcard entry, therefor the lowest ranked team in the tournament. We went into the weekend with the attitude that if we won one game, we would be proud of ourselves.

Well, we won the first game 7-0, and the second game 1-0 in OT. This put use in the position that we were guarenteed bronze. Well why stop there? Three games later we won the Silver medal, knocking out last years winner in the process. We lost the gold in the finals to another Seaforth team, but hey, we won the silver!

I am battered and bruised after playing 5 games in three days. My knees are aching and now I have to get back into the work grove.

Way ta go Witches! We were the Cinderella story of the weekend!

4 Comments:

Blogger s said...

congrats
always feels good when you don't expect much, and get alot

9:33 PM  
Blogger Christielli said...

Congratulations! That's awesome. Silver in the provincials - woo-hoo.

Did you wear your medal to work today? ;)

10:04 PM  
Blogger Joanna Wallace said...

It's in my purse. I did show it off a little :)

7:31 AM  
Blogger JO said...

Way to go... soundslike you guys had a good time!!!
I like that you brought your medal to work with you!!

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home