Life in Twindom

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

They shot a movie once, in my hometown. Everybody was in it, from all around.

Taking cue from Christielli, I will title this blog with lyrics.

It had been a long 11 years, but, last night I enjoyed the Hip live once more. I was a little hesitant. Yesterday was a snow day in the area, and as the afternoon ticked by, Ethan and I were really unsure if we would even make it to London. I was almost more motivated to spend the night curled up on the couch the way it was blown' and snown' out side. But we ventured out and it was clear in London.

Buck 65 opened, not bad... almost like a young Gord. Give him time and I think he will get there. We had great seats, 1/3 of the way back on the floor. I tried to take some pics with my camera phone but it's not so good for the distance shots. The Hip were great. Gord jumped around that stage like a mad man... I think that he is certifiable. They played most of their new stuff to start and then finished with the old. I really do like their old stuff better and I think that the crowd did too. They even played the not so politically correct "New Orleans is Sinking".

Most interestingly, I had never seen the Hip indoors before. I quickly came to the conclusion that the JLC was easily hot boxed. Seriously, as soon as the Hip went on, it was like a green cloud settled down on the crowd. I did not inhale :)

3 Comments:

Blogger JO said...

That's awesome that you got to go to a hip concert again. I was listening to some interviews on the radio from people who had gone to the show and it sounded like a good on!!
It must have been a long concert, not breathing and all :)

Looks like you are also popular enough to get spam comments!!!

8:59 PM  
Blogger Christielli said...

Glad that you had a good time!! Yay for concerts.

I want to see the Hip live again sometime too. I really like their new CD. I plan to go see them next time they have my fave band in the world, the Weakerthans, open for them so it'll be like a 2 for 1. I've heard good things about Buck 65, but I don't have any of his stuff. Oh but he was cool last year at the Junos.

hahaha you didn't inhale. Did you just hold your breath for the entire time?? ;)

11:03 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Hey Joanna I heard that the Hip concert was a good time. I recall a long drive to Barrie to see them in highschool. Molson Park was alive with Gord jammin' on the stage. I have to admit that the JLC is a huge hot box. Even Nickelback was like that. If I was 10 years younger that atmosphere would have been my cup of tea. Least we aren't too old where concerts are out of the question!

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home